3 Chinese officials revealed murdered ahead of Xi’s Apr 28-30 trip to Xinjiang

May 20, 2014 1:38 pm0 commentsViews: 42

(TibetanReview.net, May16, 2014) – If Chinese President Xi Jinping’s visit to the troubled occupied region of East Turkestan (Chinese: Xinjiang) ended Apr 30 with a bomb explosion at the capital Urumqi’s railway station, it began Apr 28 with three Chinese officials being brutally murdered and their bodies dumped in a lake the day before, reported Radio Free Asia (Washington) May 14. While the bomb explosion, which killed three people and injured 79 others, was widely reported, the murder of the three officials was kept under wraps by police and local officials, the report said.

Of the trio, two had their throats slit while the third had been stabbed 31 times, the report said. The three were reported to be among four officials on a fishing expedition in the Kokkolyar Lake in Kargilik County in Kashgar prefecture.

The murdered men, aged between 38 and 45, were reported to be senior county level officials, with one being the head of a bank and the other two being chiefs of the telecommunication department. All had been transferred to Xinjiang two years ago. The fourth official was reported to be a director of a state-owned company.

When the fourth official could not find the other three, he reported the matter to police, resulting in a massive search that led to the discovery of their bodies, the report cited Enver Tursun, deputy chief of the police station in Janggilieski town, as saying.

Over the next 15 days, the Chinese police detained and interrogated over 150 people, with some still being in detention, but were still unable to pinpoint any suspect, Janggilieski police chief Kuresh Hesen has said.

Share
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Leave a Reply